Rules & Regulations
Off-Leash Park rules and regulations - a must read
We take our parks seriously and only want well-behaved dogs to enter. Please read these rules carefully before entering the park with your dog.
- All owners must clean up after their dogs.
- All dogs must be leashed in the entry area and unleashed in the main yard and the training and small dog areas. This is for the dogs’ protection.
- Dogs under three months of age cannot get Park permits.
- No dog allowed who has injured a person by biting.
- If your dog is involved in an unpleasant experience (but no injury) with another dog or person, please remove your dog from the Park for the day.
- If your dog is vicious to another dog or person (causing injury) it will be reported to Animal Control and will be subject to the City’s policies regarding this issue.
- Owners are responsible for all dog behaviors (fights, digging, etc.) and will be expected to offer compensation or repairs.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed in the Park.
- Each adult handler may have no more than two dogs at a time in the Park.
- Owners must carry a leash for each dog at all times while in the Park.
- Dogs must be under owners’ visual contact and voice control at all times.
- Children under 12 years must be supervised by an adult while in the Park.
- No wheeled vehicles (bicycles, wagons, roller blades, etc.) are allowed in the Park. The exceptions to this are wheelchairs and strollers.
- No food is allowed in the Park except for small training treats. Beverages may be brought in if they are in plastic or paper containers; containers and lids must be disposed of properly.
- Dogs in small dog yard should be less than 15 inches at the shoulder.
- For your dog’s safety, please do not use prong, choke, or training collars in the Park.
- For your dog’s safety, please do not have your dog leashed inside the Main Yard fence.
- Proof of permit (paper or electronic) must with the owner at all times while at the Park.
- Animal Control officers and Parks Department staff have the right to ask anyone to leave the Park. Fines will be the same as those for at-large dogs in other parks, as stipulated by chapter 23.33 of the Cedar Rapids Municipal Code.